Sunday, May 26, 2013

It Feels Right. It Feels Good.

For many years, I searched for something, yet I didn't know what. I think I have found it.  Slowly, I came to discover what my soul needed.

When I was a kid I spent much of my time in the woods, high in a tree viewing the world through leafy green, in a field of wild berries or near the banks of a rushing stream near my house.  A curious explorer.  It felt right.  It felt good.  So I kept placing myself in the wild.  No matter where I was in the world, it became a familiar place.

Grasping the lens of my Nikon camera that hangs around my neck, I feel its' weight poised for the next shot. Senses heighten.  I notice things, I might otherwise miss. My camera holds all possibilities in capturing my view of the world.  Now, this is the way I explore the world-remembering time and place.     I notice.  Again, I am a curious explorer.  It feels right.  It feels good.

No comments: