Thursday, August 15, 2013

An Unexpected Journey


Insulated by love and dreams as a child, I envisioned a pretty easy life with a weed-less garden and a self-cleaning house.  Being the perfect wife and mother, life of course would be care-free and perpetually happy.  Growing up, I clung onto my fairy tale endings.  Reality bites.  There have been many ups and downs. I have had to rely on many people to support me through this often times overwhelming journey.   These challenges and struggles have forced me to focus on my spiritual self and continually search what is the truth for me.  Selfishly, I wish this spiritual journey would be effortless as well.  This is not so.  It is hard work and takes concerted effort and self-reflection to not stray.  No I am not a perfect being.  Life has not dealt me a straight path, but one with sharp corners and unexpected turns.  Survival depends upon the connections I make as I realize that I really cannot go it alone and no, it won't be perfect.

No comments: