Friday, November 9, 2007

Bathing Beauty: A Tribute to My Sister

 


As a young child, my mother went to work. Most mothers in the neighborhood and all over stayed home. My older sister bacame my caregiver. She fiercely loved me and was very attentive and kind. She once sewed me a beach bag for an outing and comforted me when my playmate never came to get me. She played "French Restaurant" -we knew only a few words in French. In winter she built snow houses for me complete with a refrigerator, couch and a television with rabbit ears. During the summer months, our dear mother would drop us off at the beach before work and come pick us up after work often packing a supper for us all to devour sandy sandwiches and all.
Times have changed. Most mothers would not leave their children unattended for hours and sunscreen would be thickly slathered on, but one thing has not changed. Those memories with my big sister and her love and loyalty have bonded us forever.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: