Friday, August 1, 2008

Farewell Manny

 

Here is it nearly 4 am and I am up having tossed and turned. Manny is on my mind- traded yesterday to the Dodgers just moments before the trading deadline. I am dreaming Red Sox. Having mentioned that I am a third generation Red Sox fanatic, is there a cure for this problem of mine? Hmmm....I wonder if my dear Papa spent sleepless nights in Maine...just dreaming?

It is funny, I had no idea that this trade effected me enough to dream about Manny. For the most part I trust Theo as a brilliant scholar of the game...I just hope that this was the right move to renew everyone's faith in their ability to win another World Series. Another?? Wow. It sure has been a fun ride, while my Papa and father lived their entire lives without witnessing that big win. How fortunate are we?!

Meanwhile, Good Luck Manny. I am sure that LA is ready for the likes of you.

Photo contributed by one of my kids who accompanied me to Fenway just a year ago in early August.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Murph said...

Ha! It's a condition with NO cure. Winning a couple of World Series makes living with the condition much easier, but you can never completely eradicate it. Fortunately, it's not fatal, though at times (prior to 2004) one might wish it were!

travelinma said...

Well said Murph.