Friday, March 15, 2013

Girl Scout Cookie, Why Yes!


Sometimes I wonder what my eating habits would be like if I was only responsible for myself?  Generally, I make healthy choices with the nightly little tidbit of chocolate or black licorice, but there is junk food in the house and in the past I would always fall prey to its tasty, junkie qualities.  I  seemed to have some excuse. 

“Girl Scout cookies, why yes, all to a good cause.  It has been a really hard day.  I deserve something sweet.  I feel like something crunchy like a Kit Kat bar.  Oh, ice cream.   A little bit won’t hurt. The carton is almost gone.  I might as well…”

Recently, the doctor recommended introducing fermented foods into my diet like kefir and sauerkraut.  For years, I have had bouts of painful inflammation in my foot, hands and hip.  In my experience, fermented foods have eradicated the inflammation and pain.  Surprisingly, I do not have cravings. 

This is not a medical endorsement.  Please check with your physician before altering your diet.  I am glad that I checked with mine. 

2 comments:

Jackie said...

How interesting. I am not curious to look on line and investigate. Glad it has worked for you. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I didn't expect that turn, but it is indeed interesting. I will investigate as well.