Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thunder Hole

 

 


If you have ever been to Thunder Hole in Acadia National Park you MAY have witnessed the power of the mighty Atlantic. The first photo shows the area that is normally opened to visitors railing and all, folks can peer down into the belly of the hole and now and again it creates a thunderous roar and spray of sea. This is all possible under normal conditions, but with storms raging at sea it creates a precarious and dangerous situation. Obviously this area was off limits otherwise one would be carried out to sea.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Murph said...

I was just telling someone that I needed to make a trip to Acadia with my digital camera. I've been many times, but not since going digital.

Seeing your shots, I'd like to both go immediately and avoid it completely until something resembling spring arrives.