Monday, October 28, 2013

Acceptance Is the Lesson

It sounded like a shot. My eyes quickly scanned the expanse of glass before me.  I saw nothing, yet I knew it was only a matter of change time and a change in temperature to discover the damage.  Thirty minutes later, there were two small hairline cracks.  

Timing is everything.  If I hadn't been on the road at that moment.  If that car that passed me hadn't decided to take the same road at that exact time.  If I had gotten the car inspected last week....

I remember that many things happen that are out of our control. Acceptance is the lesson here.  It was just one of those unfortunate series of events. It isn't even winter yet, when the sand trucks leave boulder sized sand grains on the road.  Perhaps this does not bode well for my Sue-Baru and her new owner-me!

No comments: