Sunday, January 18, 2015

Lessons Learned in Jammies


Today: Day 7 of wearing pajamas all day. Forced. Unplanned. Unwanted. I have better things to do, I think on about Day 3. I'm fed up yearning for a normal routine.

Today, my thinking has shifted. My pace slowed to a peaked internal dialing emerging from stillness. A still and heightened self-awareness brought about by abrupt illness. It seems that my life is a firestorm of uncertainty. This holds all the elements of a solid emotional break-down. With quiet reflection, I know I can only count on this very moment and how I react to it. Right now I perceive each breath, each moment as a gift. As I breathe in compassion and acceptance for myself and others, then breathe out whatever may relieve us all and bring joy. Suffering is a given for all of us.

Sounds a little hokey, huh? Well, I'm going with it. 

No comments: