Saturday, January 17, 2015

Nudges


It is all about trust. I have come to the conclusion that I have not spiritually matured yet into the adult that can let things go and trust. Most of the time, I don't listen or notice the nudging,

Living in a visual world, I have been bombarded lately by blogs on meditation, newspaper magazine inserts exerting the notion that beginning a practice of meditation is the only resolution one needs. It is a resolution that I have made over and over in recent years. There is something intuitively that gnaws at me convincing me that it is something I should do and more pressing something I must do. 

But, I don't. I will. The promise is made, but broken much too easily when it is a pact with myself. So maybe I won't. 

A friend of mine recommended a book. Intuitively, she knew it was just what I need. Pema Chodron's When Things Fall Apart. The thought provoking messages I have heard before, yet today I hear them anew. This book is my nudge; my nudge to sit without judging myself and others. To begin the practice of meditation to quiet the mind and uncover the authentic woman I become moment by moment.

I'll trust this nudge.

No comments: