Saturday, July 19, 2008

Celtic Reenactment

 

 

 


These two are off to a Celtic Reenactment. I am uncertain what this all entails, but it sounds like great fun. My daughter carefully chose her outfit (as did her friend)and then draped over her shoulder was her ratty old everyday demin purse. When I commented her reply to me was, "Well Mum, I always said that the purse and the shoes don't count." At that point, I hadn't even notice her crocks!!!! Crocks to a Celtic celebration? Those re-runs of "What NOT to Wear" have not done a thing.

Wait it sounds like I am the most put together fashion-minded mother. NOT. I am the offspring of a fashion-minded very colorful woman and an extrememly fashion minded man. They were both clothes hogs. NONE of that for me. I have a pretty limited wardrobe and am happy when I can find matching socks!

I actually celebrate that my daughter Elizabeth reminds me so much of my mother, her namesake. She does take great care in her clothing and color coordination. She is creative, funny and a good "Bud." My mother must be so pleased with the type of young lady her grand-daughter has become.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: