Friday, May 24, 2013

Be Content

"Be content under all conditions." 'Abdu'l-Baha

Every few minutes as I gaze out the window into the wet, nearly colorless sky, I have to remind myself that I must be content.  Days upon days of rain, dredge discontent. In reality, there is nothing to complain about.  There are people around the globe suffering under the most challenging circumstances.  Citizens of Oklahoma City come to mind.

The shade of green that I refer to as "new green" and can only be found this time of year surrounds.  Most nearby trees are heavy with newly budded leaves.  As I gaze out the window, I see "new green." It's everywhere and I smile.

The "new green" saved me, that and the knowledge that I have many, many reasons to be grateful and content-even on the grayest of days.  It is perfect weather to cuddle up with a good book along-side my husband and my daughter and read.

No comments: