Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Return



I slept very little last night.  That happens.  I am a mother.  I feel deeply.  When emotions and events collide, all I can do is embrace the intensity of the ride and hold on tight.  So much feels out of my control.  The rush of sadness and pain, trips me from behind, knocking me to the ground.  With every ounce of strength, I hoist myself up again, shattered and in pieces. In a ceremony of self-preservation, I write, I draw, paint and cook. I take long walks. I capture beauty.  My favorite photos transport me to another time and place.  Slowly, I return.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can not possibly know how much I enjoy reading your blogs.

travelinma said...

Thank you Mrs. Guay. That means alot to me from someone who reads all the time! I appreciate your visits to my blog.