Thursday, March 28, 2013

An Investment


One great day makes all the challenging days recede from memory.  As a Reading Recovery/Title 1 teacher my job is to transfer my passion for reading and writing to children.  Last year during a lesson, a first grader literally cry tears of joy because she could read.  Despite the many distractions during this period in time, most children are invested in their learning and are truly grateful for the support I offer them toward becoming independent readers and writers.

The anxiety I expend prior to parent teacher conferences is all for naught.  Tonight having just arrived home from the second trimester meetings, students are happy and parents are happy, therefore I am happy.  One parent quipped, “You are like the Mother Theresa of reading.”  That is one of the best compliments I can accept. I know I have the best job in the world. 

1 comment:

Kat said...

How lovely when others recognize all of your efforts! Well done, you! Keep up the good work.