Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Beginning



‘Not quite sure what I am going to do when I grow up. My daughter’s response, “You are grown up.  You’re OLD.”  The problem is I don't want to be old.  I want to be young and spunky, yet I can now order from the Senior Menu (lighter portions for my sedentary ways) and some of my other friends still get carded.  Looking in the mirror, I see young and vibrant, while I find wiry blond hair (I am sure of it) springing from my temples and new lines that were not there yesterday.  I’m not ready to be old and to measure life by how much time remains.  I must admit though, that there is a new urgency since I have been writing daily.  There are new places on this earth to discover, stacks of books to read, and miles to paddle, walk and climb.  A new curiosity has risen within me, giving me a life that is just beginning.

No comments: