Friday, March 14, 2014

A Thief in the Night

You came like a thief in the night,
Robbing me.

For so long I mocked you,
As you struck others around me.
Thinking I was forgotten.

I will fight you.
Be ready,
Invading my body
Was surely a mistake.
This is a battle that I will win.

(While I was writing this I began to think of those with serious illness. I am a lucky one. My illness will pass relatively quickly without any long term effects. This poem is a tribute to the brave ones that must face life with ongoing health issues.)



My dog Rex...morning comfort while I'm sick.


1 comment:

Valerie said...

From reading lots of Slices today, I can see that there must be a bug (or several) going around. Get better soon and show it who's boss! Your attitude is a great way to approach any illness, including the more serious ones.