Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Before...Now

Before, I woke to gentle kisses as he held me and whispered in my ear, "Good morning, Beautiful."
Now, I wake to kitty nudges and doggy kisses.

Before, I would race home from work anxious to see him.
Now, I go home to a list of things that must be done.

Before, the wood stove was continually warming the house with his vigilant attention.
Now, I put on an extra layer and restart the fire over and over.

Before, after supper we would go for a walk together.
Now, I tend to go alone or not at all.

Before, we played Parcheesi everyday.
Now, I beg anyone to play.

Before, two Dove dark chocolates were rationed each day.
Now, I'm out of control.

Before, we would spend long days at camp boating, fishing and just being together.
Now, I just don't know...


2 comments:

Beverley Baird said...

Can feel your pain and loss. SO many wonderful memories for sure.

travelinma said...

I am so fortunate for the love that I have then and now that surrounds and cradles me. Beverley, I appreciate that you took the time to read my post and comment.