Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Finding My Way


Sometimes I lose my way.  I complain too much.  Sometimes the little annoyances in my life become bigger than they are because of my reaction.  I’m working on it. I pray, meditate, walk, write (I also keep gratitude journal), and most of the time I eat fresh, unprocessed foods.  Still, I slip.

It is events like yesterday’s bombing at the finish line of the Boston Marathon that jar me into remembering what is important.  It is the kindness, strength and courage of the human spirit that shine light on this tragedy. We all have the capacity to find the light within us. 

I am victim of the human condition, so therefore I must forgive myself for shortcomings.  I will falter, that is a given.  Being responsible is not expecting perfection, but picking myself back up and extending love and kindness to all, who cross my path.

1 comment:

Dana Murphy said...

So true that the tragic events in Boston seem to jolt us all back to reality... And to finding our best selves. Thanks for the reminder to BE KIND.