Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Full of Bologna!


After thirty-two years of marriage our conversations have suffered from lack of substance. Our conversation tonight went like this:

“Did you have fried bologna when you were a kid?” my husband asks as he bites into the unorthodox, never before had supper (bologna, scrambled eggs and English muffin) that he prepared.

“No, not much,” I reply.

“We had it all the time."

 “It’s not good for you, “ I said flatly.

“So what!"

Gosh, I do my best to provide my family with fresh vegetables, fruits, filtered water and lean proteins like fish and poultry.  Every once in a while, we stumble. I can’t blame it all on my husband.  Wait, let’s be honest, every night I stumble.  After eating an orange for dessert,  soon I will be asking for chocolate.  We have our stash.  We usually have a little bit each night.

Can I be allowed that indulgence?  Neither of us smoke. We don’t drink alcohol.  Everything in moderation, I guess.

But, in all honesty bologna is where I draw the line.

2 comments:

Emily Muise said...

I've been craving bologna lately. Is it a spring thing? I've never had it fried. For me , it should be on hearty canadian white bread with mayo. Tomorrow I can have a salad.

Unknown said...

my father used to eat it all the time, heck, he still does. You fry it in a pan and it cooks up to look like a little sombrero. Weirdest looking cooked food ever.