Saturday, April 13, 2013

Simple, Yet Complex


How many times do I have to get whacked right between the eyes, before I discover the lesson I am to learn, but have yet to after all this time?  I guess I am a slow learner indeed. Sometimes, I think back to my earliest days and I seemed to carry myself with confidence and grace.  Now, life is much more complicated, but it does not mean that I don’t keep trying to live my life as intended.  My purpose is simple, but yet so very complex:  To know God and to love God.

Have I ever really outgrown my childish representation of God, that long bearded ancient man in the sky?  I want to say that I understand God, but I really don’t. That is why God sent manifestations or messengers for man through the ages-they have been more approachable. 

While I continue to try to untangle “this mystery of God” I pray I will live my life with compassion, kindness and love.  I pray that I will not be tied to the material, but to the spiritual.  It is pretty simple.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One thing I've learned in life, is that religion, no matter which one you practice, is never simple. :)