Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Vacation Squeeze


It is days like today that I wonder how I work full-time and fulfill my roles as wife, mother, housekeeper, and “chief bottle washer.” This being my third day of vacation; I continued to tackle the “To Do” list. 

Picking out a paint color for the kitchen and hallway that suited everyone’s taste was much more difficult than picking out names for a newborn.

Here is a partial list of today’s accomplishments:

  • ·      Paint purchased requiring a trip to Ellsworth. Check
  • ·      Portion of the wall painted.  Check
  • ·      Enjoyed picnic lunch in the sunshine. Check
  • ·      Begin to prepare garden beds for planting. Check
  • ·      Drive to Ellsworth for the second time today to pick up son’s friends. Check
  • ·      Purchase and plant bright yellow pansies.
  • ·      Stretch meal since one friend turned into three friends eating supper.   Check  
  • ·      Read.  Check
  • ·      Write. Check
  • ·      Watch movie with daughter. Check

How do I ordinarily squeeze work into the equation?  I really don’t know since I haven't found much respite during vacation either. Time's running out.



No comments: