Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gifts and Thanks

My handcrafted gift to my Writing Partner
This has been a summer of gifts due to the generosity of Trenton Elementary School Board.  As many know, in July I had the good fortune of attending a Writing Institute at the University of Maine.  My recent course work has motivated me to write daily which has only contributed to my growth as a writer and a teacher.  Over a four day span, with others in my school district, I am attending a Writing Workshop Institute presented by Columbia University Teachers College.  The strategies that we are exploring as adult writers in preparation of using them with students, has deepened my writing experience. Simply, I am thrilled and excited to be part of this process with other teachers.

Gratefully, my writing partner proved to be patient and supportive. We had worked together in the past (decades ago, but don't tell anyone), so it was fun to spend some quality time and get to know her in the present tense. There is nothing like learning and courageously discovering together to bond a pair of writers.

I would also like to humbly thank my readers.  The words of encouragement help me continue to explore my inner landscape, which can be scary territory.  To those readers who have on occasion, commented-your honest thoughts and reactions serve as a compass.  I think I am headed in the right direction.  Many thanks to all who have touched my life, in ways big and small.

No comments: