Monday, July 1, 2013

Opportunity Missed, Sort Of

At 4 A.M. I realized that something was wrong.  Why had I not come to the realization earlier before I scrunched my pillow under my right ear with my body curved, ready for sleep? It is ironic that on the eve of my big writing course at the university that I would forget it.  Deciding to take the day off from academic matters, I picked up my Kindle and read for the pure pleasure of it.  Stretched out on the couch at camp with loons screeching in the background I began.  The author weaves quite a tale that hooked me from the first page.  Late into the night I read, until I realized that soon the alarm would sound.  I read with a critical eye and ear.  This writer has a command of words, but it is the development of characters that has me up early in the morning wondering about the fate of a village with a myriad of players that seem so real, I can't get them out of my head.  I just hope I have a little time to read at break, during lunch, between frantic preparation of impending presentations. The sacrifice of one writer's pursuit (blogging) was worth the discovery of a gem. I highly recommend Snow Fence Road by Phyllis Edgerly Ring.  Run to your local bookstore or order it through Amazon.  Great read.  I don't want it to end.

No comments: