Friday, July 12, 2013

Sea of Writing and Waves of Reading

Author's Note:  Although this photo (taken a few years ago) portrays beauty in the fury of the sea, during a hurricane, it is VERY dangerous.  Several people were dragged out into the ocean. And as I recall, someone drowned.

I am home and very happy about it.  Although exhausted from my adventures playing college student living in a dorm, I would do it again and again.  There is something about engaging in passionate conversations about general education, writing and reading with professionals who are fervently studying their craft and exercising reflection on a regular basis.  I come alive when I step on campus, thriving in a sea of writing and waves of reading.  I just can't get enough of any of it.  I am home and very happy about it, but I am going through UMO/Maine Writing Project Institute withdrawal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too, have that withdrawal.