Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Forgive Me

Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'erfraught heart, and bids it break.-Shakespeare

Forgive me,
I chatter about my
husband incessantly,
much like new parents
talk about first teeth
and first steps,
gratefully
I don't dwell on lasts
much,
because through
the grace of God,
I did not know they
were lasts.
However, I remember
our
last
dance,
he took my hand
in his
and led me
to the dance floor
our friends near,
he held me close,
we moved in sync
to each other
and the music,
his face pinched
in pain,
I urged him to sit-
No, he said,
I know you 
like to dance.





6 comments:

Linda B said...

Though so filled with sadness, I think it might be part celebration, too. Your husband loved you, and I imagine he wanted that dance too. I'm glad you have that memory, though you're expressing mixed feelings, too. Beautifully written, just that moment. Thank you for sharing.

Judy said...

A moment in time, relishing the memory with your special man. Thank you for sharing this moment with us. Hugs

Elisa said...

Barbara, stunning. in all ways. we are timeless eternal BEINGS, and he is present as you dance with words as memory.
memory is dream is real is here is Now. we are always with our loved ones. consciousness grants us this connection.
i am so grateful you share. we all grow in love and light and knowing with your gifts. tremendous hugs to you.

Unknown said...

How he must have and still love you. Cherish those wonderful memories.

travelinma said...

Surely, I touching moment in time. Thank you all for reading and commenting.

Mary Ann Reilly said...

A beautiful moment to recall, dwell in, and mostly--appreciate.