Thursday, April 13, 2017

Impossible

One by one
I pop them into
my mouth,
M & M's
too easy to lose track
of the number consumed,
the chocolate breaks through
the hard shell
and melts in my mouth
I barely notice the taste.

I roll a red one between my fingers
and I talk,
my brain sparks
shooting random thoughts
then becomes slow and sluggish.
I talk of love lost,
barely talked-about
grief,
often misunderstood.

I read original poems,
my broken heart
spills onto the page,
my friends are silent-
overcome.

We talk of life
of love
and we part
knowing that what
we all had was something
that is hard to describe
and impossible to replace.






1 comment:

Mary Ann Reilly said...

Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. Talking, moving, feeling the loss in both mind and body. All,so important. Wishing you those wide spaces between the bouts of grief where peace is well known.