Sunday, January 3, 2016

Reinventing

Photography, writing, cooking and food; what a combination. Recently I discovered the talents of a lady who has combined her passion of all those things into a career through the blog Minimalist Baker. Although I love my job, I am getting close to the age when I must reinvent myself through "retirement".  One of my retired friends makes organic bread in her kitchen and has a whole new company selling to general stores and doing the farmer's market circuit. I wonder, if it were a job would I still love it?

Cooking feeds (pun intended) my creative  needs. If I wasn't teaching; I suppose I would be cooking or making art in some fashion. Integrating my talents: cooking, photography and writing would present a perfect match. How would you reinvent yourself? In reality we have opportunities to reinvent ourselves every day, don't we?

No comments: