Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Price of Health


It came suddenly and without warning. A tear squeezed from the corner of my eye and began to run down across my temple. It stopped then, however emotions continued to swell. Weeks of extreme fatigue without medical explanation prompted adjustments in my lifestyle like more food, sleep and moderate but reasonable exercise. Now, I remained on my back resting, staring at the ceiling hoping that acupuncture will make the difference; this being my third treatment in three weeks.

I pay dearly for my health insurance. This is not taken for granted. There are many who cannot afford to explore what health supports will transform their lives.  Under a crisp sheet my body warmed following treatment, energy fueled gratitude. I feel supported. I feel loved. Health is possible for me, but not so for all. 


2 comments:

Darin Johnston said...

"I pay dearly for my health insurance. This is not taken for granted. There are many who cannot afford to explore what health supports will transform their lives. Under a crisp sheet my body warmed following treatment, energy fueled gratitude. I feel supported. I feel loved. Health is possible for me, but not so for all. "

This is such a powerful statement. So many cannot afford health care, suffering because of something that is out of their reach, for whatever the reason. Thank you for sharing your slice in a way that really makes us think!

Michelle Li said...

I love these sentences: "Under a crisp sheet my body warmed following treatment, energy fueled gratitude. I feel supported. I feel loved." Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine helped me with a health problem in my mid-twenties when western medicine failed. I wish you best energies and healing.