Thursday, March 24, 2016

Worth It

It hasn't always been easy.  By far, it is the hardest, most heart-wrenching thing I have ever done. I have spent so much time over the last decade being overwhelmed.  Twelve years ago, we brought four little kids into our lives.  Let's just say that the lessons that we have all learned in this process have not come without lots and lots of tears,much support and faith.

Trudging through the woods during a snow storm earlier in the week, I received a text from my son who is attending college out of state (so far away, he can't come home.)  It made me cry.

Hey good afternoon Mum.  I just had a minute so wanted to tell you I love you.  That is all.  Good day Madam. 

If you only knew just how this makes me feel.  Days later....I still feel like my heart is going to explode, because it is pumped up with love. A reminder that it has all been worth it. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

This is encouraging. We brought two kids into our family four years ago, and it's often overwhelming.