Wednesday, December 23, 2015

No Matter


Are you a list maker? I am. Sometimes. However as Christmas approaches the list remains in my head; too afraid to discover all that remains undone. In the end, no matter what-all will be well. 

This year, like no other I am behind. I have talked to others who agree. Perhaps they say it is the 50 degree weather we are tolerating in December. I really want it to snow. Walking through the woods with the evergreens laden with  snow, my feet crunching under my weight while my breath sends puffs that disappear. Being bundled warm against the cold this time of year means all is right with the world.

Despite the craziness of this time, I will walk through the woods today. My tread softened by layers of fragrant pine needles, I will breath it all in, whatever is offered. No matter. 

No comments: